Forms, Registrations and Licenses
North Dakota is a business-friendly state.
- Perform an availability search to ensure that the business name you have chosen is not in use at ND Secretary of State Business Record Search.
- Register your Business Name with the ND Secretary of State.
- Apply for a tax I.D. number (SS-4) – File with State Treasurer.
- Report To Determine Liability – Unemployment Insurance for Job Service ND - Employer's Guide to Unemployment Insurance in North Dakota.
- Apply for Income Tax Withholding and Sales and Use Tax Permit.
- Apply for Workforce Safety Insurance.
An additional source for forms and licenses required for specific business can be found at the NDSU - Center for Community Vitality.